The one with my fall 2015 capsule

Woohoo! Fall time!

I.love.fall.

Football, crisp air (or the hope of it), and everything pumpkin spice.

You know, before becoming a momma I was allllll about summer. The Texas heat hardly bothered me at all. However, the game has definitely changed since I now spend a lot more time outside AND pool time is no long me + a book + adult bevvie. Toddlerhood has totally made me realize that more than ever this summer...amiright?

Although it hardly feels like "fall" here in htx, there is the HOPE of it- it just seems to be taking its sweet time to get here.

In this post I'll be talking about my process this time around in wardrobe capsule-land.

Ok. I'll just get right to it. Here is this season's capsule:






Yes, it seems like a lot of stuff...because,well, it is. 

65 items total to be exact.

I know, I know where is the minimalism in that?

But in an attempt to justify my capsule number I will let you know that I went ahead and incorporated my outerwear pieces in the photo/count to see what it would look like next to all of my stuff (7 more pieces) and I have 13 pairs of shoes that I rolled in there as well (because booties) so I blame my total number on those 20 things :)

Process

The blog that inspired my clothing capsule (un-fancy.com) uses the number 37 as the "magic" number (9 pairs of shoes, 9 bottoms, 15 tops, 2 dresses, 2 jackets/coats)...obviously I have an issue following that rule so I've adapted it in my own way :)

Un-fancy.com talks about using a "Rule of 3" when creating your capsule. Deciding a category of clothing and having a basic, statement, and in-between option for each category.

That is how I develop my capsule. Since I include a couple of additional categories it tends to make the "right" number for me a little higher than 37.

I learned a lot from my summer capsule. There were a lot of things I liked about it and several things that I definitely plan on doing differently.

Because of #mombrain I made sure to keep notes on my iPhone as things would occur to me. I've written before on the lessons I learned, but one of the main things I took from it was to make sure I was a big fan of the color palate and to make sure the colors I chose were a bit more cohesive (to allow for more mix/match/layer options).

Hopefully this time around will work a little better in that department.

Budget

All of the items with an * are new. If I counted correctly that makes it a total of 11 new items. 

I was a bit surprised at how much fall stuff I had stored away, I was originally anticipating "having" to purchase  a lot more than I did so spending-wise it was definitely a "win." 

I'm a big fan of buying stuff at Marshall's/TJ Maxx/ Nordstrom Rack and the like. If I ever shop at a "real" store I usually do it online and take advantage of each + every available discount code :) 

I'm not really too surprised that I felt like I needed to buy 4 new pairs of shoes...I am a self-diagnosed shoe addict so when given the license to shop that is the first place I go. 

Shop It

Mama Hustle | Baseball Tee (similar) | Sleeveless Top (similar) | Classic Button Up

Long Sleeve Tee | Wrap Coat (similar) | Sherpa Vest | Embellished Tank (similar)
Cable Knit Sweater (similar) | Hi-Low Top (similar) or (another option) |
  Leopard Print Top (similar) | Faux Leather Moto Jacket
Long Statement Cardigan (similar) | Printed Boxy Tee (similar) | Thermal Tee (similar) |
  Lightweight Sweater (similar)
Gray Skinny Jeans (similar) | Gray Cowl Neck Top (similar) | Embroidered Butterfly Top (similar) | Ruffle Blouse (similar)
Home Tee | Denim Jacket (similar) | Chambray Shirt (similar) | Boyfriend Jeans
High Rise Skinny Jeans | Blue + Red Flannel Button Up (similar)  | Beaded Sweater (similar) | Boyfriend Cardigan (similar)
Dark Denim Skinny Jeans | Loose Cardigan (similar) | Cut-out Blouse (similar)
Olive Green Button Up (similar)
"Flared" Jeans (similar) | Flowy Button Up (similar) | Drapey Vest | Joggers
Slouchy Sweater (similar) | Midi Skirt (similar) | Vegan Leather Leggings | Striped Dress (similar)
Black Blazer | Pleated Skirt (similar) | Black Pants (similar) | Long Sleeve Tee (similar)
Vintage Poncho (similar) | Owl Baseball Tee (similar) | Printed Maxi Dress (similar)
Leather Moto Jacket (similar)
Maroon Skinny Jeans (similar) | Red + Gray Flannel Button Up (similar) | Maroon Sweater (similar) | Red + Black Flannel Button Up (similar)
Buckle Boots (similar) | Lace Up Boots | Tan Flats (similar) | Leopard Flats | Wedge Booties
Fringe Booties | Embellished Booties | Black Flats | Black Slip-ons | Black Booties
Lace Up Heels | Black Riding Boots (similar) | Cognac Riding Boots

So excited to start wearing these! 

-S




Labels: ,